The developers have recently ported Android 2.3.2 Gingerbread update to HTC Hero CDMA, and now this OS is available for HTC Hero aka G2 Touch. A developer called RaduG has released TastyGinger 1.1 custom ROM for HTC Hero, which is built with 98% AOSP 2.3.2 and 2% CM 7 Gingerbread ROM.
The developer claims that the custom ROM is stable and doesn’t have any bugs. However, it is recommended that you try it at your own risk. Some of the important features of TastyGinger 1.1 ROM are given below -
- RaKern 200 kernel @614MHz default
- new CPU governor, MOBILE GOVERNOR, written from scratch, based on the ondemand governor’s behavior, with some tweaks -> limited frequency when CPU is idle, optimized frequency stepping based on CPU load and others too *** at the moment the governor comes as a module, and I’m not going to release the source code until I make it a perfect option for mobile, battery-powered devices; I still have to test it on other types of CPUs to see what can be done to improve.
- default Gingerbread launcher, with a few tweaks to make it faster
- built-in low-DPI
- built-in overclocking app, very basic and straight forward, but with a very nice way of doing things(see post #2 for more info)
- no ads in browser and apps
- compatibility mode disabled by default
Download Android 2.3.2 Gingerbread for HTC Hero [TastyGinger 1.1]
How to install Android 2.3.2 Gingerbread on HTC Hero?
1. Download above file and place it in device’s SD card.
2. Backup the device using Nandroid backup.
3. Wipe data partitions.
4. Flash the device with downloaded file.
5. Reboot your device. Done!
For more details, head over to XDA forum.