Once again iPhone Dev team has released an unlocking software, RedsnOw for iPhone users. The redsnOw is now available for Windows and Mac OS X.
The redsnOw has similar functionality to QuickPWN and windows users can also use it to jailbreak and unlock their devices.
As usual, Dev team has stated some important guidelines on their blog. Here’s an excerpt from their blog post -
If you want to build custom firmware files with more flexibility it is suggested that you use ‘PwnageTool’ on Mac OS X.
- GOLDEN RULE: If you are using a 3G iPhone with yellowsn0w and rely on yellowsn0w to obtain cellular service, then you should NOT use redsn0w right now. Ultrasn0w (the 3G carrier unlock) is not included with this release and therefore your baseband will be locked and unable to use an operator other than the official one it was bought for. UltraSn0w will be released via APT (cydia and icy) soon. If you have an original iPhone (1st generation) then 3.0 carrier unlock works with this redsn0w release.
- Yellowsn0w in its current form will NOT work with the baseband version that is present in the 3.0 update, you will need Ultrasn0w, which will be released sometime soon, Ultrasn0w will work with all iPhone 3G models (but not 3GS), even ones that were previously unlockable, Ultrasn0w (when available) will be released via APT (this means you will be able to get it via Cydia or Icy).
- Please read all parts of this post before downloading and using these tools.
- Read items 1, 2 and 3 again and again.
- At the bottom of this post are the bittorrent files for the latest version of redsn0w.
- This app is suitable for the recent 3.0 release
- redsn0w will NOT work for the iPhone 3GS.
- redsn0w WILL work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), Original iPod touch, iPod touch 2G and the iPhone 3G (not the iPhone 3GS).
To use redsn0w simply upgrade the device in iTunes to firmware version 3.0 and run redsn0w to activate and jailbreak the device (and if you are using an original iPhone 2G, it will unlock it too!)
Don’t try to use redsnOw without reading their instructions. For more information on redsnOw, just head over to their blog.
Download RedsnOw for Windows and Mac
[We've removed the downloadable links from our site due to policy violation issues. Sorry for the inconvenience.]
1. The new version, RedsnOw 0.7.2 is now available. Please check here.
2. Unlock iPhone 3G with new UltrasnOw unlocking tool.
- Guide to Jailbreak iPhone 3G OS 3.0 with QuickPWN
- Guide to Unlock iPhone 2G OS 3.0 with PwnageTool 3.0
- Guide to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G OS 3.0 with RedsnOw