Are you annoyed with Error Code 1013 on your iPhone? If yes, then read the following guide to resolve this issue.
After iOS 4.2.1 release, many users tried to install this update on their devices and received some error codes like 1013, 1611. There is no proper solution available on the Internet and this issue has already been reported to the Apple team.
For time being, you can try the given steps to fix Error Code 1013 -
Note: Try it at your own risk!
1. Go to your “Applications” folder
2. Go to your “Utilities” folder
3. Launch “Terminal”
4. Type “sudo nano /etc/hosts” (without quotes) and hit return
5. Enter your password
6. Use the down arrow key to find the “gs.apple.com” entries. Once the cursor is in front, make sure you comment out the line(s) by entering “#” (no quotes) in front of the text
7. Save the file by pressing CONTROL+O on the keyboard
8. Exit the nano editor by pressing CONTROL+X on the keyboard
9. Restore your iDevice
If above trick doesn’t work for you, use TinyUmbrella tool to get your phone out of recovery mode.
Do you know any other trick to solve this bug? Please share with us.
Thanks to Dave.