The Chronic Dev team has come up with their new GreenPois0n tool, which is basically built on GeoHot’s USB bootrom exploit. GreenPois0s supports iOS 4.1 firmware, can be used to jailbreak all 3rd generation and 4th generation iPod Touch as well iPhone devices. iPads can also be jailbroken with the latest jailbreak tool.
So, here’s a quick guide for iPod Touch users to jailbreak their devices with GreenPois0n jailbreak tool. Please note that the following guide can also be used for iPod Touch 3G. iPod Touch 2G users should wait for the next announcement.
Guide to jailbreak iOS 4.1 iPod Touch 4G with GreenPois0n
- iOS 4.1
- iTunes 10
Steps to follow:
1. Download all the above tools to your Windows computer.
2. Sync your iPod Touch 4G through iTunes 10 and update it to iOS 4.1.
3. Now, open GreenPois0n.exe file and click on “Prepare to jailbreak (DFU)” button.
4. Follow the screen instructions and put your device in DFU mode.
5. Click on “Jailbreak” button to complete the process.
6. If you’re done with jailbreaking process, install Cydia from the Loader app.
Enjoy your jailbroken iPod Touch 4G!
Disclaimer: The above guide is written for information purpose.
If you have any questions regarding GreenPois0n or Limera1n tool, do let me know in the comment section.