When Apple had released iOS 5 for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, Apple TV got iOS 4.4 update. Today, they have pushed another important firmware update, iOS 4.4.2, to Apple TV 2G devices.
iOS 4.4.2 is not a major update, so it doesn’t come up with many new features and enhancements. However, Apple team has provided some essential bug fixes in this update. Here’s the official changelog -
- Audio playback: Addresses an issue in which audio is not output when playing some video content.
- Video playback: Addresses an issue in which video is not displayed when playing some content.
- Audio output setting: Adds an audio output setting for switching to 16-bit audio for compatibility with some TVs and AV receivers.
- Live FF/RW improvements: Improves the performance of fast-forwarding and rewinding live events.
- Movie description: Addresses an issue in which the description information is not displayed for some movies.
- YouTube video order: Addresses an issue in which YouTube subscription videos were not ordered by date.