When everyone in the jailbreak community is eagerly waiting for the upcoming untethered solution for A5 devices, iH8sn0w, the creator of Sn0wbreeze jailbreak tool, has released an updated version of his tool to support A4 based devices. Using the untether exploit developed by Pod2g, Sn0wbreeze 2.9 allows users to jailbreak their devices while preserving the baseband value on Windows machines.
This release is also important for loyal Sn0wbreeze users, as the tool has completed its 2-year journey with today’s official release. Let’s see what he has included in the new software.
- Brought back old firmware support in one release!
- GUI Improvements
- You can now build IPSWs with TinyUmbrella/iFaith blobs!
- Removes OTA Updates/badge on iOS 5.x.x+ devices.
- Added an IPSW Downloader
- Built-in iREB functionality updated from newest iREB r5 module.
- Custom Packages in Expert actually works now.
- All supported firmwares in this release are untethered.
- A5 devices are NOT supported at this time due to no public DFU/iBoot exploit.
Well, that’s it for now! If you’re looking for Redsn0w and PwnageTool alternate, try Sn0wbreeze 2.9 tool to jailbreak the iOS 5.0.1 firmware. As listed above, this tool won’t work on A5 devices. Pod2g will bring his untethered jailbreak very soon to those devices.
Download Sn0wbreeze 2.9 to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 on A4 Devices
[We’ve removed the downloadable links from our site due to policy violation issues. Sorry for the inconvenience.]