There’s no doubt that cloud solutions have emerged as a problem-solving technology for all of the major businesses. As cloud developers continue to innovate the currently existing platforms to achieve maximum efficiency through out any kind of usage that includes business on their created cloud structure. Today you will look at some of the ways that can result into increment in the efficiency of the cloud services providers. This also includes how a company (for example- company ABC) uses certain tools of cloud in such a manner that it increases productivity at an optimal level.
Vision and mission- the objective of this article is to come up with the factors that make training programs more efficient when they are integrated with various cloud solutions.
This in return can help you to decide how you want to run your business.
- Cloud as a medium- cloud technologies can be compared with a micro level of database that has all the data that a company needs to compute its results and future strategies. Various tools like AppDynamics help in monitoring of that cloud structure as well. All the popular tools like Relic and True Sight plus comes with different customization options which can be set according to the usage.
- Future scope- the scope is very wide spread as the numbers suggest an incline growth in the usage of cloud tech for training programs all over the industry. Even the conventional training programs are being migrated onto cloud platforms for a better understanding of the particular business structure.
- Current challenges- the biggest challenge that this particular field faces are lack of skilled personnel that can deal with the existing management of cloud services. A major breakthrough has been noticed ever since that companies are now trying to add cloud-based skills to a core foundation of skill development processes (which includes training programs as well)
To create an efficient training program, you first need to analyze if your company is in need of cloud-based training program, followed by the drawbacks that can be rectified in the re-newed process. Some of the best reasons to migrate over cloud-based training are as follows
- COST- conventional methods are very costly in nature when compared to cloud-based trainings.
- SCALABILTY- the size of conventional training is fixed which is not the case of the cloud-based tech.
- GLOBAL REACH- the reach can be extended as per the will when it comes to cloud-based training programs.
- INFRASTRUCTURE- conventional methods require the infrastructure for the training programs.
FACTORS AFFECTING THE EFFICIENCY
When companies want to stay competitive in nature, they are trying to seek programmatic data-driven training solutions. The new paradigm of cloud-based training needs to be-
- PRATICAL FOR BUSINESS- Often, training fails when it is not designed to meet a particular goal. Many organizational training efforts will require that employees develop the necessary skills to contribute quickly. For it to be effective, training must be effective, emphasizing skills and possible outcomes.
As customized and specialized IT environments become commonplace, teams need to build the skills they can apply in the context of current projects, as well as future skills that are in line with the organization's mission and vision.
Therefore, training should be designed in a way that encourages involvement and ensures results. Experiences that combine many learning styles — video, labs / tutorials, questions — emphasize the topic of study. Incorporating real-world land use conditions and logical conditions makes sense more effective for employees. By organizing job role training and the desired skill set in the context of your organization's unique digital platform, the training becomes more meaningful.
- SPECIFIC- Considering the relationship of the cloud to current business plans, training cannot afford to be generic or normal. The strategy of each cloud organization is different, and it depends on the various roles to guide, deploy, store, maintain and protect your cloud operations. While there are common topics that will benefit everyone from cloud designers and network managers to DevOps engineers and security professionals, each role has its own unique responsibilities and skills needs. For it to work well, cloud training must be able to meet the specific needs of the teams and the role of the tasks responsible for implementing your cloud plans. For example, while everyone needs to know the basics of how security works in the cloud, security professionals will need in-depth knowledge of all platforms and best practices to keep all infrastructure safe. On the other hand, business professionals will need to know the language of the cloud and how it affects the business, but they will not need to understand the complexity of using it. Best of all, your digital training program should seek to democratize the knowledge of key groups across the organization appropriately; for example, everyone should know how certain safety policies of your organization affect his or her job role.
- ACCOUNTABLE- For digital training to work less efficiently, purchases must be obtained from senior leadership. For training programs to be truly effective, an organization must recognize that senior leadership views skills development as a continuous goal of action. In many cases, organizations choose to ‘provide’ training programs to outside companies that may not understand what is at stake. In the same way, companies often seek the availability of training as a benefit, but they do not set the expectations for your completion or expected skills growth. One way in which technical leadership can secure digital skills ownership is to create a highly visible person in the position of Digital Skills Officer. Highly complemented by a strong IT project manager who understands the importance of learning and development, the Digital Skills Officer should consult a topic expert and work to link dots between learning efforts, technical roadmap, and business outcomes. A good training forum is one that puts the Digital Skills Officer in the workplace and makes the expectations set (and further restructured) between management and staff regarding the training effort and outcomes.
- CONTINUOS- The organization’s ability to innovate depends largely on the continuous skills development and capacity of its teams. With the average shelf life of IT skills now under five years⁹, further learning will be a competitive necessity. At least in the near future, acceleration of cloud adoption will continue to impact and fundamentally change organizational strategies, implementation, and roles in technology. In this case, cloud capabilities should always exist and continue to emerge with the pressures of innovation. An up-to-date cloud training library will be an important and strategic resource for ensuring a competitive advantage. In addition to the latest platform updates, businesses need access to new services that can inform their cloud strategy and help develop the latest innovations. While this poses a challenge for digital training providers, it is important to select a provider or co-ordinate a team that takes strategic approaches to maintaining training content on an ongoing basis.
- MEASURABLE- The data is important in helping leaders ensure that their employees are in a position to support the efforts discussed so far. Organizations often rely on “completion rates” or “invested time” as ROI representative to justify training investments. While these may measure the approach to the conclusion, they are not reasonable estimates in the relevant units. A data-driven approach is needed to determine what skills a team has, what skills are lacking, and how individuals and groups are performing. These skills requirements vary from schedule to time, so the measurement methods should be robust. Targeted skill sets should be mapped into job areas — both current and future — technically and domains. As with any business plan, the first place should be easily supported. Visualization skills should be real-time for the team and the individual in order to effectively address skills gaps and identify that individual or group readiness to tackle specific projects and programs. Value should be placed on a pile of data on ability and progress over time as these are the decision-making details that are important in preparing future teams.
- GUIDED- The Digital Realities⁷ report found that less than 20% of companies focused on training on “practical performance improvement.” With cloud computing-related positions expected to grow by 13% per annum⁸, organizations should focus on specific strengths they need to build. While some learning strategies emphasize the availability of training as a benefit, this approach cannot guarantee that training is really possible. High quality content is important, but so are the circumstances in which the training takes place. In the face of important business plans, organizations cannot leave skills development a fortune. Instead, organizations need to direct skills development in the right way. A systematic approach to training and measurement ensures that training is effective and consistent. This may include customization according to user role, organizational technology stack, and established company policies. Finally, evaluation and analysis make it possible to plan both short-term goals such as working on an upcoming project or measuring skills growth in long-term plans.
- NEW CHALLENGES AND REQUIREMNT OF THE TRAINING PROGRAMS-
In the consumer world, learning and development options abound. Online study forums have courses offered by thousands and some technology vendors donate their teaching arm to help users learn their offers. Personal training, tutorials, and even vendor certificates are still used in some cases. However, as they promise all these learning methods, they fall short:
- Online learning forums fail to deal with the common pitfalls of traditional learning systems and many lack the ability to measure access to information by force.
- Personal training does not have the necessary context for effective training in daily activities.
- Vendor certificates, while useful for measuring basic information, do not take into account the wide range of field and technical knowledge required to contribute to a common cloud environment.
- None of the above can support basic skills sets and provide training based on specific roles, technologies, and structures played in a particular organization.
- Conclusion- the training programs of new generations are better at many criteria of efficiency but they still lack some natural aspects of learning that could have been easily achieved by the approach of conventional methods. The cloud-based solutions offer a lot to the companies that opt them for training purposes but companies don’t completely rely on them either. We need to come up with factors that need to increase natural aspects of the learnings. In order to achieve those, you need to identify your basic requirements from the training program such as concept building and understand of the business structure.
Ekta Patel is a technical writer and digital marketer at Selected Firms - detailed analysis of top IT, mobile, web, digital marketing and E-commerce development companies. Skilled digital Marketer with 7 Years of experience in eCommerce SEO marketing, Google AdWords, and social media content building. Successfully increased organic traffic by 70% for small and medium sized businesses in the eCommerce sector. Has also built content for the company websites/apps, blog and case studies. Has profound experience in working for IT organizations and is responsible for introducing the latest eCommerce trends to the team.