At the current pace of life, everyone wants something instantly. This economy runs on the basis of supplying goods and services to their customers immediately. Nowadays almost everyone has a smartphone and is able to acquire anything they want at any time of the day. Whether it be a taxi, food, or even groceries. Earlier it would be a hassle to track down a cab or a cab driver would find it difficult to get new customers, but now at the click of a button, everyone is happy. The same principle applies to food. Uber eats is a good example of this. It gives the customers and restaurant owners a user-friendly way to buy and sell food. Read more about the on demand service.
What is an On Demand service?
In today’s world, people don’t have the time or patience to wait around. With the current pace of life, they want their goods and services as soon as they need them and in the shortest possible time frame. Every day newer and newer apps are coming out that fulfill this need of their customers and users. And it's due to this reason that if you have an idea you should bring it to life as soon as possible before someone else beats you to the punch.
For this service to operate effectively, service providers need a third-party vendor such as restaurant owners for food delivery apps and drivers for cab services such as Uber. The basic structure in this is that the independent contractors or “gig workers” are able to define their own working hours, choose whether they want to work part-time or full-time. This structure in turn saves the business owners money as they have no need to pay taxes or provide them with paid vacation time or even any sick days.
Following listed is the structure and cost of creating an on-demand app:
Structure of an On Demand app:
1. Service provider app: this is that part of the app which is added for the companies so that they are able to remove or add any services and also to be able to keep in touch with their customers. It normally contains the features such as, request accepting or rejecting, push notifications, track earnings, service start and end, availability, etc.
2. User app: this refers to the actual app that your customers would see once they have downloaded it from the app store. Typically, it would include the user's profile, review, search panel, tracking, booking, support, payment option, etc.
3. Admin panel: it is typically part of any on-demand app from where you can manage both the service providers and users, further it would be used to track orders, access analytics, reports, request, commissions, and prices.
How much does it cost?
The answers to this purely depends upon the way in which you want to develop your platform. If it has to be made from scratch then it will cost more than it would from any ready-made modules, where the prices are set for it. Getting a ready-made module would not only save you money but also save you time, as your development team would not have to write any basic specs or have to build the module and test it. Plus, you can make any alterations required, making it more unique with a custom look and different functionality.
- Different features require different hours of work and are priced accordingly to the specialties required. An on-demand delivery app would typically need a user profile, booking, reviews, payment gateway, chat, and geolocation.
- It would cost around $10,000 while using a basic module for these features. This would approximately require 500 hours of working. Also, some additional time to put everything together.
- If your app is to be made from scratch, it would cost about $80,000. It will take 2000 hours of working.
I hope you enjoyed reading about the On Demand Service. Furthermore, please leave your thoughts and comments below. Finally, read some other articles like this one on our frontpage.