If you have a Fitbit Versa that is acting weird or not working properly, it might be time to factory reset your device. A factory reset will clear all of your data and return it to the original settings on your tracker. This can help solve many issues including your device not syncing with your phone, not working correctly, or even freezing.
To factory reset your tracker, follow these steps:
1. Unplug your device from any power sources and wait around ten seconds.
2. Press and hold your tracker's button, pause between each press, until you see a smiley icon on the screen and feel a brief vibration.
3. Once the tracker vibrates, release the button(s) and open your Fitbit app to start setting it up again.
4. In the app, choose "Settings" and scroll vertically until you reach 'About.'
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap "Factory Reset."
6. Once you confirm, your tracker will be returned to its original factory settings.
7. After resetting your Fitbit, it will be ready to use again.
8. If you have any questions about how to reset fitbit versa, contact Fitbit support.
9. If you are unable to factory reset your device, it may be a hardware issue. Please contact Fitbit support for assistance.
10. Conclusion: Some older models of Fitbit may not be able to be factory reset. If this is the case, you can still clear your user data.