Outlook 2016 and 2013 are powerful email and calendar applications that can help you manage your life and keep your business organized. There are a lot of features in Outlook that can be intimidating for new users, but once you learn the basics, you'll be able to take advantage of all that Outlook has to offer.
In this tutorial, we'll show you how to use Outlook 2016/2013 like a pro. We'll cover the basics of setting up an account and using the interface, as well as some more advanced features like creating rules and using the search function.
By the end of this tutorial, you'll be able to:
- Set up an Outlook account
- Use the Outlook interface effectively
- Create rules to help manage your email
- Use the Outlook search function
Part 1: Setting up an Outlook account
1. Go to https://www.outlook.com in your web browser and click the "Get Started" button.
2. Enter your name, email address, and password in the appropriate fields and click "Create account".
3. Follow the prompts to complete the setup process.
4. Once your account is set up, you can begin using Outlook!
Part 2: Using the Outlook interface effectively
1. The first thing you'll see when you open Outlook is the Inbox screen. This is where all of your incoming emails will be displayed.
2. To compose a new email, click the "New Message" button in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. In the "To" field, enter the email address of the person you want to send the message to.
4. In the "Subject" field, enter a subject for your email.
5. In the main body field, compose your email as you would in any other program.
6. When you're finished, click the "Send" button to send your message.
7. To open an email that you've received, just click on it in your Inbox list. The message will open in its own window.
8. To reply to an email, click the "Reply" button in the top-right corner of the message window.
9. To forward an email, click the "Forward" button in the top-right corner of the message window.
10. To delete an email, click the "Delete" button in the top-right corner of the message window.
11. To search your email, click the magnifying glass icon in the top-left corner of the screen and enter your search terms into the box that appears.
Part 3: Creating rules
1. Rules are a great way to manage your email and keep your inbox organized.
2. To create a new rule, click the gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen and select "Manage rules & alerts" from the drop-down menu.
3. On the "Rules and Alerts" window that appears, click the "New Rule" button.
4. On the "Create Rule" window, select a condition for your rule from the drop-down menu. For example, you could create a rule that moves all email from a certain sender to a specific folder.
5. Once you've selected a condition, click the "Next" button.
6. On the next screen, select an action for your rule from the drop-down menu. For example, you could choose to have Outlook delete all email that meets your chosen condition.
7. Once you've selected an action, click the "Next" button.
8. On the next screen, you can select any additional options for your rule. For example, you could choose to have Outlook run the rule on all existing email in your inbox.
9. Once you've configured your rule, click the "Finish" button.
10. Your new rule will now be active and will run automatically on any new email that arrives in your inbox.
Outlook is a powerful email program that can help you stay organized and productive. In this tutorial, we've shown you how to set up an Outlook account, use the interface effectively, create rules to manage your email, and use the Outlook search function. By following these instructions, you'll be able to take full advantage of all that Outlook has to offer.
Leave a Reply