No matter how often you plan events online, it always seems challenging. There are a hell of a lot of things for you to take note of. As an individual or organization planning an online event, you aspire for everything to be perfect!
You wish to top the previous year's turnout and responses, but there are many things to manage and execute. Your online event registration software, finalizing schedules, online speakers, and many other aspects have to be considered for a successful online event or conference.
But the most vital aspect of an event's success is your event registration page. If people cannot find their way around your registration page, you won't be able to maximize attendees and, hence, revenue.
In this blog, we have compiled five tips to help you optimize your online event registration page like a pro!
Always keep your visitors in mind when creating your event registration page. Sometimes, we provide unrelated and irrelevant content in the sections for critical organizational facts. You have to make your registration page user-friendly and easily accessible. An efficient free conference management software can help sort this out easily.
A few essential items to be included are:
The registration page should mention what the attendees can expect from your event. If the event is in person, inform them where it will occur so they can plan accordingly. For online events, use an online event registration software that considers your events' motives.
The most essential part of the registration page–the registration form should be brief and accessible. It should include fields for necessary information such as contact details, account details, email addresses, etc.
Ensure visitors do not have to fish for the pricing information on your registration form. Be upfront and clear. Mention your registration charges, cancellation fees, discounts, etc. Clearly.
Provide a relevant short description of your event on the registration page. This way, the visitors can know what to expect from their attendance. Keep it short yet informative.
A successful event can be backed by social proof. Social proof is a reliable marketing tool. You can use reviews and experience details of the previous year's attendees and post them on your registration page. This will inspire potential attendees to sign up for your event.
Make sure that your registration page is shareable. This way, current attendees can ask their network to join them. Shareable links can result in increased reach as potential attendees may be aware of the event, but they can be nudged by their friends and relatives to join. Therefore, add a share link to your registration page and a description. This shareable link should also be added to your social media platforms, such as LinkedIn and Instagram.
As a host, you need to ensure your potential attendees can browse through your information and registration page without any struggle. Create clear user pathways to seamlessly take them from point A to B on your pages.
Here are a few practices to ensure that your website visitors turn into event attendees:
- Color contrast: Ensure your registration page has appealing and legitimate color contrast. Color schemes that strain the eyes can leave the visitors feeling confused, who will then abandon the site.
- CTA'S: Minimize the presence of drop-down menus on your page and opt for specific CTAs that guide the visitors to a dedicated registration page. Placement of your CTA buttons should also be such that the visitors complete the following steps accordingly.
- Heading structure: Visually appealing heading structure attracts attendees. For example, if your H1 title is "Importance of online event registration software," your H2 title beneath details the event schedules and keynote speaker profile.
- Make it mobile-friendly: Even if you are creating your registration page on a desktop, remember to optimize it and make it mobile-friendly so that visitors are saved from excessive scrolling and page abandonment.
Follow these mobile-friendly practices to keep the visitors engaged:
- Eliminate unnecessary fields: Simplify your form so that it does not take much of your potential visitors' time, and you are not distracted from completing it.
- Put autofill features wherever possible: Autocorrect and auto-fill popup features account for a better user experience and make the whole process straightforward.
- Use a single-column layout when making multi-step forms: Double-columns can mislead mobile users, so use a single-column layout to streamline information.
- Keep the payment processing simple: In the last step of your registration form, make the payment process seamless for your visitors so they can turn into attendees without fuss.
Make inclusive and accessible registration forms by running tests and making adjustments. Here are some points to factor in:
- Optimize desktop keyboard navigation.
- Avoid time limits, as they often overwhelm visitors
- If your registration page has audio and video components, make sure it is accessible to people with disabilities, too.
Planning and executing an online event is a daunting task, but with the right online event registration software, many complexities can be avoided.
Be dedicated to providing value to your attendees through your conferences and events and make the whole experience as seamless as possible.